Better Ealing Streets believe our streets and community spaces can be even more healthy, safe and enjoyable for all ages and abilities.
We want our streets safer and easier to navigate by walking cycling or wheeling.
Ealing’s streets should be a safe a place to interact, enjoy and thrive, whether it’s pocket parks, more greenery, or community events.
There are a number of approaches to making our streets better.
- School streets provide a safe environment for kids and adults alike going into or out of school
- Play streets give neighbours a safe space to meet chat and play
- Bike hangars, provide secure on street bike storage for households
- Modal filtering can be used to create Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- The Highway code was changed recently to better reflect the priority of road users
- Read our active travel pages for details on how to get around under your own steam
- And, finally, if you really have to use a car, we have advice here on how to reduce the impact of doing so
More pages coming soon on:
- Walkable and wheelable streets
- Protected cycle tracks
- Low or zero emission zones